Angie is a perfect example of student success story, utilizing a unique program and class to give her the foundation to follow her dreams. Mentorship, encouragement, drawing out her creativity and genius helped mold Angie’s dream into a reality.
Angie is a 17 year old High School Graduate. She met her writing partner, Mary through Fanfiction, and they bonded over their love of books and British TV. She lives in sunny San Diego with her parents and two out of three sisters. She is the third child out of four. She loves God with all her heart and goes to Summit Christian Church! Angie is also a sound technician. She will be going to Dream Center Leadership Study next year.
Q & A with Angie:
What is mentorship to you and how did it help you achieve your goals?
– Mentorship to me is someone who believes in what you are doing and gives you the tools to help you succeed. It helped me achieve my goals not only with giving me valuable tools that I still use but it improved my confidence in myself because someone else believed in me.
How did Escondido Charter High School (ECHS) help develop your skills?
– ECHS helped develop my skills because they pushed me to grow my thinking and knowledge in all aspects of life. The school helped instill in me that I could do whatever I wanted and they pushed me to make it happen.
In particular, what class helped you realize your potential to write this book?
– I have always wanted to write a book but International Leadership class gave me a platform to really take the bull by the horns and accomplish my dreams.
Did you always know you wanted to be a writer?
– Yes, I have always wanted to be a writer. I have been writing short stories and it’s my passion.
Why did you choose to attend ECHS?
– Public high school wasn’t for me. I didn’t like the people and I developed health issues. So Independent Study at ECHS was the perfect choice for me.
Why did you choose to take Joe Darrough’s International Leadership Class?
– Honestly, it sounded awesome! I liked the whole idea of fulfilling a dream of mine, and plus we went on a bunch of cool field trips!